The Disappearance of Books?

There is so much new technology out there today that I often see articles and have conversations about book and newspapers disappearing. I don't know about you, but I could not part with my books.  My records, tapes, cds, yes maybe but my books I cannot imagine not having.   The feel of a book in your hand, there is nothing like it. See the thing is if we lose books we also lose the artwork too to some degree.  There is something about actually having the artwork rather than just looking at it on a screen.

With Itunes we lost the art work on the cds or for us oldies, album cover art.  I can't tell you how many framed album covers I have there are some really beautiful covers out there and I am sure some of us remember them and they bring back memories of where we were in our lives when they came out .  So unless you are a collector you do not even get to own the artwork on the cover anymore.  Yes, you can see it on Itunes but its just not the same.  So back to books, how do you feel about not having the classics on your shelf anymore?  I cannot. Penguin Books is re releasing some of there classic books with the artwork that is so amazing for this very reason.  Here are some classic images that I cannot and would not part with.  What do you think? I would like to know.

Here are some examples of beautiful book cover art work.




Comments

Popular Posts