Marimekko

I can't seem to get enough of Merimekko especially the artist Sanna Aunnkka. The company is a Finnish company based in Helsinki that has made important contributions to fashion, especially in the 1960s and 1970s. They are particularly noted for brightly-colored printed fabrics and simple styles, used both in women's garments and in home furnishings.

My friend Genivie's store in Jamaica Plain that I metioned above carries Marimekko. You can go there and drool over it like I do. She has a good selection of some reissued Marimekko prints as well as new designs and many other designers that are amazing.  Even though They have a concept store in Cambridge it's nice to know you can go down the block and pick up some fantastic Marimekko fabric. Here are some examples of Sanna Annukka one of my favortite Marimekko designers. You can also click on the title of this post and it will take you to her website.

Comments

Popular Posts