"Vacation?"

So I am on a "vacation" of sorts with my husband visiting my mother.  She still lives where I grew up in Western Mass or otherwise known as The Pioneer Valley. It is one of the most picturesque places I have been.  Below are some pictures of where I grew up. The first picture is Called Prospect House it is still on the top of Mount Holyoke Range in South Hadley MA.  The mountain is called Skinner mountain named after the the great Skinner family who imported silk from 1700 to the 1920's. The cation explain each photos.




This is the Prospect House the way it looked when it was a hotel.
People used to be brought half way up the Mountain then
they would take a trolly car the rest of the way up because it was so steep.
You can see the covered trolly going up.

In the 1700's they built a grand hotel on the top of Skinner mountain called Prospect House .
 It soon grew into the place to visit.  Presidents and many other famous people came to stay.
 In a terrible hurrican it destroyed most of the hotel.
 It was eventually re-built and is constantly being fixed because of its location and harsh conditions.
 This is a present day picture.

Once again because the of lack of money in
our economy it has fallen into disrepair again.

                                                                                                      
Very hard to read but this is information on the original
property built there in the 1600 

View from Prospect Hotel looking over the
 Connecticut river oxbow.



Queen Anne's Lace just growing wild everywhere
 at the bottom of the mountain road.



This ia a water fall from a small river near where I grew up.







Comments

  1. You really make it seem so easy with your presentation but I
    find this matter to be really something that I think I would never understand.
    It seems too complicated and very broad for me. I am looking forward for your next
    post, I will try to get the hang of it!

    Here is my page; sky Multi room deals for existing customers

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Popular Posts