Beat The Heat

After our trying days in the heat let us not forget the students that come in because school is the place where they want to be, would rather be, feel safe, secure and downright happy to come in and help us clean the closet of help clean up our rooms. I for one am thankful for the company and the help no matter how hot it is.

I will be posting some of the projects we have done in recent weeks. Some may be lessons or just beautiful pictures of the students last days with me this year. Next year some will move up to 6th and walk by us without that hello or hug you are used to getting from them.  They are growing up and "too old for that now ".  That is what I tell myself anyway. Some will leave and go to new schools and we will not see them or maybe we will bump into them a few years later working their first job and they remember you and they are excited to see you again. 

It is a great feeling to hear them say " I remember your class !". Are you still teaching? I reply yes and they tell you how much they loved art and enjoyed coming to see me.  Those moments are flashing but when they do happen it reminds me why I do what I do and why I love it. So I am going to savor these last few days while they are still young enough to give you a hug and tell you how much they like to come to art class's. Have a good summer kids, be safe, smart and for some of you I will see you at school in the fall. For the rest I do not see, do not forget it will always be cool to like art class and enjoy doing artwork. So keep on drawing!

Have a great summer kids!



Comments

Popular Posts